Tuesday, June 24, 2008

George Carlin


In Memory of the Best Comedian: George Carlin

Over many years his brand of in your face analogies of everyday life has amused me because he was so very real. Many relegated him to be an offensive speaker, but he was so much more than that.  I had the privilege of seeing him in Charlotte once and it will be remembered so fondly until I leave this earth too.  I loved his play on words and he always had such perfect timing.  George will be remembered for his insights as well as many a fart joke. The 7 bad words, big business customer service and people and their stuff are some of my favorite routines. He really saw so much and help open the eyes of so many. Thanks so much for sharing your life and many pictures of your animals throughout the years. You have given all of humanity something to smile and think about. You will be sorely missed.  An odd little coincidence is that George was born in 1937 and that was the last 4 digits of my parents phone number for many years.  He also died just 3 months after my son, so I lost two of my most favorite people that year.  To Georges family may you all have my deepest condolences and I know those words are so very inadequate. 















You Are All Diseased

It's Bad For Ya

Life is Worth Losing

George Carlin's Last Interview   

No comments:

Post a Comment