Saturday, August 6, 2011

People are different for a reason



Some of you will think...well duh! But that's about as far as the thought goes.  Growing up poor in the country that was predominantly white showed me how much hate there was behind closed doors for anybody that was different from themselves.  As a young child I would look at a black person maybe in a line at the store and wonder why the people in my world thought they were that different from us.  In my childlike eyes, they were human, who breathed air and ate food.  They also got hurt,  bled red blood, spoke the same language and most importantly when I would happen to touch them, say giving a handshake to the man that checked my moms tires or maybe a hug to the lady that babysat mom...they felt just like me.  Well a bit bigger but still a human just the same.  What it taught me as a young child was, if the people around me hate someone just because they are black, then what were they going to do when they found out something about me they didn't like?  Well I found out years later.

Kids are conditioned by their environment and carry their parents beliefs if they are not careful to think for themselves when they're faced with many of life's choices.  Much to my parents dismay, I was that kid that would think for myself.  I wanted to make my own mistakes and they didn't like that plan at all :)  Going into middle and high school was especially hard for me because I was the fat kid with braces with zero social skills and getting picked on was the norm. Even back then the need to fit in was huge if not obtainable and it hurt when others made fun of me or even worse...to be ignored.  Any sure signs that you are not desired by others whether it's as quiet as a hateful stare to a full on verbal or physical assault... challenges our very core to say the least.  Some of the best people around are dressed in clothes that are different from your own and understanding that at a young age may have been one thing that helped me out later in life.

When I was living with my ex I got the job at the bank through a friends mom.  I made plans to take her out to dinner one night as a thank you and quickly found myself with her in a bar in SC at the age of 17 with a lot of motor cycle riders who were rather rough.  Now I have always loved bikes and had been on a few at that point in my life but this situation was way out of my league at the time.  Thankfully there was an older guy there with the nickname Possum and he recognized what was going on and he stuck with me through out the night and it was a long one.  Four of us had left that bar onto somebodies house that was the local hang out and the lady I was with was not interested in leaving.  Possum was a big guy in full riders gear and he made sure that no one bothered me until I could get this woman to take me home in the morning.  He proved to me that all men were not the same and I still owe him a huge thank you for looking out for me that night.  When I finally got back to my exes house having been dropped off by 3 others they all looked at me like I had orchestrated the whole event.       

I am a deep thinker and try very hard to continually incorporate new information into my belief system.  It took many years of being by myself from being an only child to the jobs I took.  They tended to be jobs that let me be alone more often than not so it's safe to say I've had some time to think. That hour or so before I fall asleep every night used to be for remodeling my home. Yes it gave me much satisfaction to remake my home into what I knew it could be and I'd fall asleep in no time.  Now that time is reserved for pondering deeper social issues even though I have no real training.  I think about things like why can we build prisons that can house the most violent people but we can not built schools that really teach our children about life.  I think about all those empty houses and all those homeless people.  I pray to God that humanity will stop destroying animals, other people and the earth itself....for the sake of greed alone.  I also probe why I feel so distant from organized religion but still fell apart of something greater.   I would like to believe we are all seeking to be apart of something greater, but the biggest question is WHAT? And over time I kept coming back to the forces of good and evil which probably define most of our views on life itself.  Even though I have gaps in my information I believe the battle between these two opposing forces starts and ends in our own heart.  Each and everyone one of us has the capacity for great evil and greater good inside of our soul.  

As I finished writing the last blog I received a message from another person who has also reviewed all three movies from The Zeitgeist. She recommended another eye opening internet movie called Kymatica.  I highly recommend watching this one too because this one addresses specific questions I had and filled in a few more of the blanks.  Fear makes us hate and hate makes us act. Acting again starts chain reactions and this film explores why.  Fear makes us controllable to the the few power hungry who desire that effect.  The PTB or the elite  want to use fear, hate and distrust of each other so we will not be focused on what they are doing to our land, our children and our future.  In fact the quickest most efficient way to break down any society, cliche, group or organization is to turn it on itself.  And we fall for it every time.  Instead of seeing a person of different race, culture, genders, sexual orientation as a person with a different world experience who can contribute in their own way something unique if not beautiful to this world.  We see what we think they will take away from us.  Despite the class system we are all HUMAN and deserve a place in this world.  If we didn't we wouldn't be here.

After viewing the film, I thought about my theme song in life when I was younger and smile a little at the memory.  I Fight Authority and Authority Always Wins.  If my mother ever read this I'm sure she will attest to this :)  Authority does not make since and until it does or goes away completely, I will fight.  To all the young people who have suffered at the hands of another just because you are different, please remember we are all different for a reason and you have every right to be here and then look them in the eye and tell them get a clue or get missin'!  Even though we are all different on the out side we can come together on the inside but that will be no easy feat.  The most important differences in people is this... there are those without a conscience and those with one.  We have let those who do not have one run this world for too long and they have perverted our way of thinking, feeling and living.  It is up to us to stop them before they do any more damage.      








 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Bn3uYqaXA  

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJiCU6Jw0Co&feature=related      

As always please think for yourself and love for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment