Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Bottom Fell out from Everybody...

In 2008 I unplugged from much of life. I stopped watching the news, discontinued the paper and turned to the internet for solace. I had used computers for email and work but not for much else and that's was about to change. Need answers, Ask Google or any other search engine and poof, you have a variety of information at your fingertips. Social networking sites have taken off and you can order just about anything you need from online. Weather can be checked with ease and there was a since of control, that I've never really felt before. Yes it was a small victory but one that I clung too because I had no control over anything else at that time.

Even unplugged it was hard not to notice the direction the economy was headed in. Everyone was talking about it and hoping that the new administration would bring the desperately needed change that is always promised, but never seems to pan out. No I don't want to argue politics because I personally think it one of the largest problems this country has. Too much arguing and not enough real action applied to the areas most important. Besides my opinions are not based on any experience with politicians...I don't have facts or figures with graphs to support any of my findings. What I do have is eyes and during the last 3 years, I saw more and more for sale and foreclosed signs in neighbors yards. More and more stores were closing down and more and more people were at the unemployment line than before. What I knew in the core of my heart was I had worked hard all my life making other people a lot of money and it cost me everything I really cared about.

After watching the internet movie The Zeitgeist, an eye opening way of interpreting the history of the world and even God Himself, I must say wow. Whether you believe any or all of the writers ideas, it is a startling vision of what is to come if we do not stand up and take charge of our own lives as well as our fellow man. I personally think God is blamed for way to much of the bad things that happen when it is ultimately our own fault. What draws me in about the movement is...they offer solutions instead of just noise. Once you listen to ideas it just may change your mind. The Zeitgeist is an eye opening, thought provoking movie that just might open the world up to possibilities. If "we the people" interpret the meaning correctly and begin to ask our own questions or search for our own answers we may have prayer.

I saw the first film in 2008 while in deep grief from losing my son and it spoke more truth in 60 seconds than I've heard in 40 years. You do not have to be the smartest person on earth to see we have global inequality, where profits are God and basic human needs are denied. After watching the next two films, I must admit it sparked something I haven't had in a real long time. And that was HOPE! Not the false hope sold by the PTB, but a real spark of hope that we can break the chains of economic slavery and live the way we were intended...free, at peace and creating.

The documentary American Drug War hits closer to home because each of us in the US has been touched by this issue, even if you're not fully aware of the ramifications. The bottom line in both of these independent films are to show us how easy it could be for a few people in power to take everything we hold dear. while telling us it is for our own good. NO ONE has all the answers, but I will give these brave individuals their voice...here....now. For they have given solutions that solve problems and open the doors to limitless possibilities.  As for me I am still on the lookout for new information and idea's that will ultimately help humanity instead of destroying it.  For now it's a start.  

Watch them for yourself and make your own mind up! http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/ichangetheworld

No comments:

Post a Comment